CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Great Endowment

Son,
I feel compelled to address a little habit you have. It seems that if things aren't nailed down (especially food), then you assume it's yours. I mention this only because this seems to be a problem with many of your generation (and many of mine). There seems to be a sense of entitlement that permeates our culture and I feel that in our house that belief is creeping in. This concerns me a great deal.

Let me explain. I really believe that in these days Heavenly Father is sending some of his best spirit children to experience life on this earth. I have a friend who likes to say that God is not sending any pushovers. I know that children can be strong willed and I truly believe this is because your spirit is endowed with a great deal of strength. And I know that however I train you to use that endowment will determine a great deal of what kind of life you choose in the future. What I want more than anything is for you to realize that your strength and good fortune in this life does not entitle you to anything. In fact, it beholds you to great responsibility. Heavenly Father did not send you here with great talent and spirituality for you to feel you get extra but instead I believe he wishes for you to give more.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, I like this one.